CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Despite two decades of decentralization, disparity in inter-regional development remains abundant and prevalent. Moreover, intra-regional disparity reflected in the inequality between different population groups has reached an unprecedented level in Indonesian history. One important issue has been on disparities of development in small island communities. Among the country’s more than 17 thousand small islands, approximately 6 thousand are inhabited with various level of development. Few of them have been developed comparable to the level of development in the island of Java, but most of them have not. More ideas and innovation backed up with scientific evidence are needed to support development in small island economies of the country. To encourage Indonesian academics conducting research on regional development in small island economies, IRSA is organizing this research support program.
The IRSA Research Support on Regional Development in Small Island Economies is in the form of small research grants as much as Rp. 25,000,000 for any good quality research that can potentially produce new knowledge on how to support regional development in small island economies.
Specific research topics related small island economies can be, but are not limited to, the following:
- Micro and small enterprises development
- Health and human capital development
- Food security and malnutrition
- Livelihood, poverty, and regional disparity
- Tourism and creative industries
- Economic digitalization
- Local government innovation and governance
- Trade, investment, and economic growth
Who can apply?
Indonesian researchers in any science discipline who are willing to present their research findings at the 17th IRSA International Conference in Lombok on 18-19 July 2022.
- Deadline of proposal submissions: 15 March 2022
- Notification of the winner: 5 April 2022
- Presentation of the findings: 18-19 July 2022
- Final paper submissions: 31 August 2022
In preparing your proposal, please use the following downloadable form.
Submit your proposal via email to heriyaldi(at)unpad.ac.id and cc to devanto(at)ub.ac.id.