Call for Proposals
Hosted by the Universitas Syiah Kuala in collaboration with the International Centre for Aceh and Indian Ocean Studies (ICAIOS), the Aceh Provincial Government and IRSA, the 15th IRSA International Conference was conducted in the city of Banda Aceh. Approximately 400 academics throughout the country and several international academics were participated in the conference discussing various aspects of development in Indonesia. Special attentions were given on issues relevant to development aspects in Aceh, such as disasters, local government innovation as well as cultural, land and village development. This conference has also contributed to an increasing enthusiasm in conducting research on these issues. An edited book titled “Disasters and Regional Development in Indonesia” was published in 2020 resulted from this enthusiasm. To further support research on development aspects in Aceh, IRSA is organizing this research support activity.
The research support is in the form of a small research grants as much as Rp. 25,000,000 for any good quality research on regional development aspects in Aceh.
Specific research topics can be, but are not limited to, the following:
- Village innovation and development
- Cultural dynamics and land management
- Disaster risk reduction and early warning system
- Disaster risk finance and insurance
- Managing post disaster recovery and sustainability
- Local governance and institution
- Income inequality and regional disparities
- Infrastructure, basic utilities, and regional management
- Public services and human development
- Trade, investment, and economic growth
- Decentralization and regional fiscal policies
- Islamic finance and Syariah based development
Who can apply?
Any research team, with at least one of its members is working for an institution located in Aceh province, in any science discipline who is willing to present their research findings at the 17th IRSA International Conference in Lombok on 18-19 July 2022.
- Deadline of proposal submissions: 15 March 2022
- Notification of the winner: 5 April 2022
- Presentation of the findings: 18-19 July 2022
- Final paper submissions: 31 August 2022
Submission In preparing your proposal, please use the following downloadable form.
Submit your proposal via email to trimulyaningsih.uns(at)gmail.com and cc to cut.dewi(at)acehresearch.org.