Saturday & Sunday, 16 – 17 July 2022
Brief description of the training:
These two-day workshop introduces how to use of several economic-wide analysis to conduct impact evaluations. The workshop starts with introducing how Input-Output analysis have been used in economics and development studies for impact evaluations. The workshop then covers principals of Social Accounting Matrix analysis. Finally, the workshop introduces the concept of computable general equilibrium model for impact analysis. Several simple models are utilize to illustrate the three concepts and to help participants understanding these methods. The workshop also teaches how to use several computer software/tools to work with. Participants will have an opportunity to hand-on using these tools working on simple exercises/case studies. We will also discuss the analysis that can be done using the tools as well as their policy implications.
- Understand the reasoning behind and the rationale of implementing economy-wide approaches for impact evaluations.
- Understand when it becomes necessary to implement an economy-wide analysis.
- Ability in conducting an economy-wide approach for a simple case study.
- Ability in interpreting results from an economy-wide approach.
- Ability in discussing policy implications from results produced by an economy-wide model.
- Introduction to economy-wide approaches for policy impact evaluations.
- Input-Output Analysis.
- Social Accounting Matrix Analysis.
- Introduction to computable general equilibrium model.
Instructor: Prof. Djoni Hartono, Universitas Indonesia.
Day, date : Saturday & Sunday, 16-17 July 2022
Time : 08.00 – 17.00 WIB
Venue : The Aruna Senggigi Resort & Convention, Lombok
Note that the training will be in Bahasa Indonesia and you will need to bring your own laptop to participate.
We limit class size for effectiveness of training delivery. Participants will be selected if number of applications exceeds the optimum class size. Hence please register as soon as possible.
To register please fill out this form. Email it to diswandi[at]unram.ac.id and cc it to heriyaldi(at)unpad.ac.id. Registration fee Rp. 1,000,000.- (one million Rupiah).
Our training staff will inform you of your registration status and if seats are still available for the training. Please note that there is a registration fee, which does not include the cost of traveling and accommodation to participate in this training as well as to attend the conference.
Any question regarding this training can be sent to: djoni.hartono(at)gmail.com.